Friday, December 28, 2012

A Month of Small Celebrations - December 28


Small Celebrations

New friends and Old friends

This morning as I left to go to work Nolan's speech therapist, Tara, came in for his one hour in home therapy session. He saw her and smiled and waved his hands in excitement. Nolan is a very warm and loving little boy.  It can take a little time for him to get to know you but once he does he is your friend. My little boy loves his therapists, Tara and Andrea. He flashes his wonderful smile and lets out a giggle or two when they come to visit. He will sit in their laps and play with them. It always warms my heart to see how these women won his trust and that he truly enjoys his time with them every week.

This evening I had a wonderful dinner with a dear friend, Elizabeth, from grade school. I met her when my family moved to Wahoo, NE during 5th grade and then we moved away at the end of my sophomore year. To this day that is the longest I have ever lived anywhere.  She still lives in the midwest but her family decided to spend some time in Phoenix over the holidays so we made plans to get together for dinner tonight. As soon as I saw Elizabeth I knew it was her by her smile. She and her parents were a huge part of those years of my life. I have many memories with her and spending time at her parents house. I really feel as though I reconnected with a good friend  tonight even though we hadn't seen each other in almost 20 years. 

Here is a picture is of two silly young teen girls in the midwest in the early 80's.



Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment