Monday, December 3, 2012

A Month of Small Celebrations - December 3

Small Celebration

Nolan has a difficult time getting to sleep sometimes. I think it might be related to his sensory issues but I don't know for sure. It is something to talk to the developmental pediatrician about when Nolan has his appointment in a couple of weeks. So today at nap time he was yawning, rubbing his eyes and rolling around on the floor crying so I took him up to bed. He laid down immediately, curled up and closed his eyes. And then for some unknown reason 25 minutes later he was up. I have learned that when this happens I often need to go in to "remind" him that he was going to sleep. So I get him out of the crib and sit down in the rocking chair in his room.  I love these times together. It's just he and I. During the day Nolan is so busy that his hugs last about 2-3 seconds until he is off to do something else, but during these nap times he is happy to sit quietly in my lap. We giggle, sing, play hand/finger games. He likes to take off my glasses and play with my eyelashes. He thinks it's hilarious. That quiet, cuddly time is precious to me and it seems to be to him too because he calmed down and when I laid him back down he was quiet and asleep 10 minutes later. Maybe he just needed some alone time with mommy. Or maybe he knew I needed some alone time with Nolan.


This was taken a couple of months ago but here is a picture of my little boy in his crib "reading" his book. With his sweet little "I just woke up" face.




No comments:

Post a Comment