Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Body memory - Soul healing

Last week I saw a talented cranial sacral therapy (CST) practitioner. At the bottom of my post I have a link and some info on CST if you are interested. I have been receiving this therapy on and off for about 7 years and I have always received immense healing from every session. I had been having terrible headaches due to, I don't know, probably everything in my life this past year.....
Anyway, I had been wanting a session but the person I used to see moved away. So what happened? (I love how this works) A couple of months ago I mentioned to one of my clients that she may want to check into this type of therapy to help with her migraines. She had done many different traditional therapies including chiropractor and physical therapy to no avail. She found a CST practitioner on her own and saw her a couple of times then she came to see me again. I was amazed with how calm and even younger that she looked. She told me she found a CST practitioner and loves the work. She said her migraines were lessening in intensity and amount. She gave me her card.

I sat on it for awhile then I finally called. The session was powerful. To start, we chatted for a couple of minutes. She knew I had an infant son but I did not talk of his brother or our journey. She moved through the protocol of the therapy. I felt myself begin to relax. At one point I felt anger rise within me and I became aware of the anger I felt towards my body because it created an unsafe environment for my sons and could not carry them long enough to keep them safe after birth. I wasn't aware that I had been feeling this. The wonderful thing was as soon as I became aware of the feelings I felt them being pulling from my body. I let those feelings go.

As she continued the session she came to the place on my right side just below my rib cage where Eli had sat for much of the pregnancy. As soon as she place her fingers there I began to cry. While it did not surprise me that I would cry I was surprised by the depth of the grief that was released. As I laid there quietly sobbing I heard her say "I'm sorry." and I heard her tears. She remained with me that way for many minutes until I stopped. We were quiet until the session was done.

Afterwards I shared the story of my sons only to learn that she used to be a midwife and had experienced the death of a clients' baby. She was not a stranger to infant loss. It was one of the most nuturing, gentle, receptive, loving sessions I had ever experienced. I so recommend this type of therapy for anyone who is experiencing anxiety, grief, stress, PTSD.

And finally Monday was Nolan's first 4th of July.
Last year at this time I was pregnant, still innocent of TTTS and the outcome of it on the lives of me and my boys.....
This year Nolan saw sparklers for the first time.


I am blessed.


Here is some info on CST - Cranial Sacral Therapy
http://upledger.com/

CST was pioneered and developed by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger following extensive scientific studies from 1975 to 1983 at Michigan State University, where he served as a clinical researcher and Professor of Biomechanics.

CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.

Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.

By complementing the body's natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
  • Migraine Headaches
  • Chronic Neck and Back Pain
  • Motor-Coordination Impairments
  • Colic
  • Autism
  • Central Nervous System Disorders
  • Orthopedic Problems
  • Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
  • Scoliosis
  • Infantile Disorders
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Emotional Difficulties
  • Stress and Tension-Related Problems
  • Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
  • Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
  • Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Post-Surgical Dysfunction

No comments:

Post a Comment